Rockets, Pacers, Bulls, Heat, Suns, Grizzlies Win 2023 NBA Draft Tiebreakers
Six ties among teams with identical regular-season records were broken today through random drawings to determine the order of selection for NBA Draft 2023.
The drawings were conducted by NBA Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Joe Dumars at the NBA office in Secaucus, New Jersey. The tiebreaker process was overseen by Marie Dhimmar, a partner from the accounting firm of Ernst & Young.
The results of the drawings:
– The Houston Rockets (22-60) won a tiebreaker with the San Antonio Spurs.
– The Indiana Pacers (35-47) won a tiebreaker with the Washington Wizards.
– The Chicago Bulls (40-42) won a tiebreaker with the Oklahoma City Thunder.
– The Miami Heat (44-38) won a tiebreaker with the Golden State Warriors and the LA Clippers. Second and third place in the tiebreaker drawings went to Golden State and the LA Clippers, respectively.
– The Phoenix Suns (45-37) won a tiebreaker with the Brooklyn Nets.
– The Memphis Grizzlies (51-31) won a tiebreaker with the Cleveland Cavaliers.